Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thursday's Straight From The Studio

So it's officially August and my kids are headed off to school next week! They are super excited and ready to make new friends. They are especially excited because I am going to throw them a real bonified PARTY! Who doesn't love a party?? This one is special because it's their first and it's a HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 PARTY!
(Breaking off into the chorus of the song) What time is it...Summertime. It's our vacation. What time is it...Party time. That's right.....say it loud. That leads me to the question of WHY in the world didn't they plan this movie more accordingly? Disney, you so dropped the ball on this one, for me. This movie takes place during 'Summer Vacation' for crying out loud and debuts when the kiddos go back to school. I would have loved to throw this party during the summer. "Oh Well". I guess I'll have to make due.

-And speaking of Disney dropping the ball, do you know that there is a Disney Princess coming out in 2009 of "african american" descent? The movie is based on the Frog Princess- the american version. The Frog Princess takes place in the 1920's in New Orleans, has a VOO-DOO magician/ fortune teller, a 200 year old VOO-DOO priestess/fairy god-mother, an 18 year old southern belle, and a 19 year old african american chambermaid. Disney is not going into specifics about the actual 'content' of the movie, but I'm pretty sure you can place the pieces together yourself.

Enough random babble for today. Ya'll have a great day and I'll see ya back tomorrow for something fun!!

xo, Dre'a

No comments: